- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Engaging and empowering taiohi
- Cancer support helps people make sense of diagnosis
- Spreading the message about problem gambling
- Latching on promotes normality of feeding practice
- The Taranaki Arts Festival back to warm up the region
- Elder Protection Service moves to new provider
- Tui Ora Health pharmacy to open this year
- Elder Abuse hits close to home
December Public Health promotion
The Public Health team at Tui Ora gets out and about in the community this month. Read more about what's going on.
December 2 - Safe Sleep Day. From 10am to 2pm there will be a baby buggy walk from East End Beach that ends at Pukeariki Landing. A display of pepi pods/wahakura and the weaving of wahakura will take place; there will also be a colouring competition and balloons.
December 3 - Drug Free awareness day
December 17 - Suicide Awareness Day at Muru Raupatu Marae in Bell Block. The event begins at 1pm with main stage entertainment, live bands, a jumping castle, crafts, face painting and much more.
This is being organised by the family of Paora Tamehana, who committed suicide a year ago. Tui Ora is one organisation assisting the whānau to raise community awareness around suicide and wellness.
December 10 - Santa Run, East End Reserve. Entertainment starts at 10am and includes bouncy castles, fairies, Mr and Mrs Claus, spot prizes and a Santa dance off. Tui Ora will run a health promotion stall, which will also include DIY Christmas presents and Christmas decorations.