- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- The 'buzz' of seeing people rediscover identity
- Mayors recognise achievements of Tui Ora boss in business awards
- Mana Tane campaign for cervical screening promo
- Touch rugby tournament for mental health
- Stop Smoking Service No.1
- Engaging and empowering taiohi
- Cancer support helps people make sense of diagnosis
- Spreading the message about problem gambling
Elder Protection Service moves to new provider
Tui Ora ran the Elder Protection Service from December 2013 to 30 June 2017.
Prior to that, the contract was held by Te Hauora Pou Heretanga until that provider closed and its services were amalgamated with Tui Ora.
Demand for the service exceeded contract specifications, and over the three and a half years it was run by Tui Ora, it maintained an effective public profile and buy-in from the community.
Earlier this year the Ministry of Social Development conducted a review of Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention Services (EANP) contracts. Tui Ora decided not to reapply to be the preferred provider.
It felt other organisations were in a better position to provide the service. The Taranaki contract was allocated to Age Concern from 1 July 2017.
The previous Elder Protection co-ordinator Denise Fleming has moved into another role at Tui Ora, as Pahake Whaiora MHOP (Mental Health of the Older Person) specialist.
Tui Ora wishes the new provider well in this valuable work.
For further details see: