- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Terence turns a new leaf
- Ministering to social service networks in official visit
- New AED to save people in the South
- Horses helping humans to heal
- Pharmacy open for business
- Rock down to Electric Avenue
- Tui Ora pumps up its Womad festival profile
- Orapa Kindergarten celebrates getting top healthy heart award
Tui Ora growing a culturally competent workforce
A programme led by a Taranaki health provider is aiming to get its strategic principles off plaques on the wall and into practice. Tui Ora, a kaupapa Maori health service, has launched its own cultural competency programme for its 300-strong workforce around the region.
Called Te Raukura, the initiative, which is compulsory for staff, is based on six principles designed to enhance the work of the organisation and the way it connects with clientele.
Launched three months ago, Tui Ora employees are already seeing the benefits of the programme, not only to the people they work alongside, but to themselves as well. Read the full story in the Taranaki Daily News here.