Tui Ora Family Health
Tui Ora Family Health is a multi-doctor GP service in Maratahu St, New Plymouth.
Our books are no longer open and, regrettably, we are unable to accept new patients.
We offer low cost quality medical care to all registered patients, Māori or non-Māori. For whānau who need additional support, a kaiāwhina can work alongside them as an advocate, helping deal with the factors that can impact on a person’s health and wellbeing.
Our range of services includes the management of long-term conditions such as diabetes, minor surgical procedures, ACC consultations and services related to children's and youth health. To view the new patient brochure, updated on August 1, 2017 click here.
Three medical practitioners Dr Jason Peterken, Dr Gal Carmi and Dr Freddy Gan operate from our practice.
Nurse practitioner Jenny Kissick provides additional, specialist care, working alongside our practice nurses and associated administrative support. Read more about Jenny's role here.
Tui Ora Family Health is part of Tui Ora, Taranaki's largest community-based health and social services provider. This allows us to take a holistic view of care, ensuring our clients can access a wide range of services and overcome many traditional barriers to health and wellbeing. We are a Cornerstone accredited practice and a member of Midlands Health Network PHO.
Medical and nursing services offered:
- Our practice offers a range of primary health care services by appointment including:
- Standard medical and nursing consultations for any health concerns
- Minor surgical procedures
- Assessment and treatment for minor accidents
- Regular recall for breast examinations, cervical smears, diabetes checks and immunisations
- Pregnancy tests and first trimester maternity care
- Contraceptive advice, sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment
- 6 week new baby check
- Liquid nitrogen for removal of warts and some skin lesions
- ECG & Spirometry
- Driver’s License Medical
- Insurance medical assessments
Standard consultation fees for enrolled patients:
|Child under 13 years||Free|
|Child 13 - 17 years||$12.00|
|Adults over 18 years||$18.00|
* All fees charged are for a 15-minute consultation. New patient appointments will be longer and incur additional charges.
Additional charges apply for:
Admin fee on accounts not paid at the end of the month
Longer consultations or additional services provided
Non-attendance of an appointment without prior notice
See our new patient brochure for a full list of charges, as at August 1, 2017
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday - 8.30am – 5pm
Wednesdays 9.30am – 5pm
|For medical care outside
normal practice hours contact:
Phoenix, 95 Vivian St, New Plymouth Ph.: 06-759 4295
Hours: 8.30 am to 8pm 7 Days
For Emergencies, dial 111