- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Taking prime care of whānau
- Cake making data analyst at Tui Ora
- Paint the Town Yellow today
- Tui Ora marks 20 years of Maori health and self determination
- Mental illness in Kiwi teens
- Paint the town yellow – World Suicide Prevention Day, 10 September 2018
- Latching on promotes normality of feeding practice - World Breastfeeding Week August 1-7, 2018
- Terence turns a new leaf
December Public Health promotion
The Public Health team at Tui Ora gets out and about in the community this month. Read more about what's going on.
December 2 - Safe Sleep Day. From 10am to 2pm there will be a baby buggy walk from East End Beach that ends at Pukeariki Landing. A display of pepi pods/wahakura and the weaving of wahakura will take place; there will also be a colouring competition and balloons.
December 3 - Drug Free awareness day
December 17 - Suicide Awareness Day at Muru Raupatu Marae in Bell Block. The event begins at 1pm with main stage entertainment, live bands, a jumping castle, crafts, face painting and much more.
This is being organised by the family of Paora Tamehana, who committed suicide a year ago. Tui Ora is one organisation assisting the whānau to raise community awareness around suicide and wellness.
December 10 - Santa Run, East End Reserve. Entertainment starts at 10am and includes bouncy castles, fairies, Mr and Mrs Claus, spot prizes and a Santa dance off. Tui Ora will run a health promotion stall, which will also include DIY Christmas presents and Christmas decorations.