- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Rebranding signals development of Tui Ora
- Tui Ora Jazzes Up Waitara Foodbank Appeal
- New artists announced for WOMAD 2020
- Te Kārere o te Wa - October edition
- New Zealand Land Wars commemoration in Taranaki
- Appointment to national Mental Health and Wellbeing role
- Hope on wheels
- Effects of drinking while pregnant largely ignored, says Taranaki parents' advocate
December Public Health promotion
The Public Health team at Tui Ora gets out and about in the community this month. Read more about what's going on.
December 2 - Safe Sleep Day. From 10am to 2pm there will be a baby buggy walk from East End Beach that ends at Pukeariki Landing. A display of pepi pods/wahakura and the weaving of wahakura will take place; there will also be a colouring competition and balloons.
December 3 - Drug Free awareness day
December 17 - Suicide Awareness Day at Muru Raupatu Marae in Bell Block. The event begins at 1pm with main stage entertainment, live bands, a jumping castle, crafts, face painting and much more.
This is being organised by the family of Paora Tamehana, who committed suicide a year ago. Tui Ora is one organisation assisting the whānau to raise community awareness around suicide and wellness.
December 10 - Santa Run, East End Reserve. Entertainment starts at 10am and includes bouncy castles, fairies, Mr and Mrs Claus, spot prizes and a Santa dance off. Tui Ora will run a health promotion stall, which will also include DIY Christmas presents and Christmas decorations.