- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Appointment to national Mental Health and Wellbeing role
- Hope on wheels
- Effects of drinking while pregnant largely ignored, says Taranaki parents' advocate
- Pick the leaders YOU want - enrol now
- Life changing impact of Mana Wahine programme
- Flyer drop helps Newstart Gardens identify the hungry
- Broad kaupapa reflected in Taranaki event promotion
- Mental health and addiction sector hopeful funding will provide change
Focus on whānau ora at Womad 2019
As the region gets set to celebrate the world of music and dance, the role Aotearoa's indigenous people play in the festivities continues to evolve. Among those taking the stage to talk about Whānau Ora will be John Tamihere. A former broadcaster and Labour Party politician, he is CEO of Te Whānau o Waipareira and of Te Pou Matakana (TPM), the North Island Whānau Ora Commissioning Agency in New Zealand.
John will discuss the concepts of Whānau Ora family wellbeing and how it is a catalyst for positive change.
Read today's story by Deena Coster on Stuff here. https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/1...