- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Taking prime care of whānau
- Cake making data analyst at Tui Ora
- Curvy Angels guardians for next generation
- Paint the Town Yellow today
- Tui Ora marks 20 years of Maori health and self determination
- Mental illness in Kiwi teens
- Paint the town yellow – World Suicide Prevention Day, 10 September 2018
- Latching on promotes normality of feeding practice - World Breastfeeding Week August 1-7, 2018
Mayors recognise achievements of Tui Ora boss in business awards
Staff at Tui Ora rate CEO Hayden Wano – and it turns out the rest of the region thinks he is a top man as well.
Recently, he was honoured with the 2017 Taranaki Mayoralty Award.
The award, voted on by the three mayors of the region (New Plymouth, Stratford and South Taranaki) as well as the chairman of the Taranaki Regional Council David McLeod, is handed out at the Taranaki Chamber of Commerce awards evening. Last year's winner was TSB Bank CEO Kevin Murphy. While Hayden could not be there for the event on October 28 as he was away, he made a short video played at the function.
He says it is humbling to be judged by his peers and the award came as a complete surprise. It acknowledges his commitment to the province over a long period of time.
"It is not one thing but a number of involvements I've had over the years such as at the Taranaki District Health Board, TSB Community Trust, the TSB Bank, TSB Group and Tui Ora."
"I am really grateful for the acknowledgement and think it's also a reflection of all the people I have worked with over the years.
"I love Taranaki and one of the things that is unique is our can-do attitude. If we think something is a good idea in this region we find ways to make it happen from the development of TSB Bank to Womad.
"I am also proud to be part of the Tui Ora journey. There is a lot more that this organisation can do."
For the full list of winners, see http://www.taranakichamber.co.nz/events-training/tsb-business-excellence-awards/