- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Stan Walker inspires taiohi at youth workshop
- Womad banks on another decade
- Iwi agreements signal further collaboration for Tui Ora
- Graduation validates whānau studies
- Taking prime care of whānau
- Cake making data analyst at Tui Ora
- Curvy Angels guardians for next generation
- Paint the Town Yellow today
Mental illness in Kiwi teens
In a split second, her body would heat up. Her eyesight would start to go, leaving her with tunnel vision. And, if she wasn't careful, she would start to hyperventilate.
As she sat in the classroom of her Taranaki high school, 17-year-old Nuutea Itchner's anxiety would render her mute and she would be unable to move. It was very isolating, she says.
Nuutea is one of a growing number of young people in New Zealand who has suffered from some form of mental illness. Read the full story here, which includes details of the Tui Ora Taiohi Ora Youth Wellness team.