- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Leaving loneliness behind during breastfeeding
- Car transformed for good
- Health and iwi identity named on district health board
- Rebranding signals development of Tui Ora
- Tui Ora Jazzes Up Waitara Foodbank Appeal
- New artists announced for WOMAD 2020
- Te Kārere o te Wa - October edition
- New Zealand Land Wars commemoration in Taranaki
Mental illness in Kiwi teens
In a split second, her body would heat up. Her eyesight would start to go, leaving her with tunnel vision. And, if she wasn't careful, she would start to hyperventilate.
As she sat in the classroom of her Taranaki high school, 17-year-old Nuutea Itchner's anxiety would render her mute and she would be unable to move. It was very isolating, she says.
Nuutea is one of a growing number of young people in New Zealand who has suffered from some form of mental illness. Read the full story here, which includes details of the Tui Ora Taiohi Ora Youth Wellness team.