- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Measles vaccination notice from Tui Ora Family Health
- Focus on whānau ora at Womad 2019
- Putting people and whanau at the heart of Te Paepae, Womad 2019
- Whānau Ora Review Report released
- Rocking to healthy lifestyle
- Putting cultural connections on a regional and national stage
- The question of how we care for the elderly
- Walking the talk in the care of tamariki
Mental illness in Kiwi teens
In a split second, her body would heat up. Her eyesight would start to go, leaving her with tunnel vision. And, if she wasn't careful, she would start to hyperventilate.
As she sat in the classroom of her Taranaki high school, 17-year-old Nuutea Itchner's anxiety would render her mute and she would be unable to move. It was very isolating, she says.
Nuutea is one of a growing number of young people in New Zealand who has suffered from some form of mental illness. Read the full story here, which includes details of the Tui Ora Taiohi Ora Youth Wellness team.