- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Taking prime care of whānau
- Cake making data analyst at Tui Ora
- Paint the Town Yellow today
- Tui Ora marks 20 years of Maori health and self determination
- Mental illness in Kiwi teens
- Paint the town yellow – World Suicide Prevention Day, 10 September 2018
- Latching on promotes normality of feeding practice - World Breastfeeding Week August 1-7, 2018
- Terence turns a new leaf
Tui Ora growing a culturally competent workforce
A programme led by a Taranaki health provider is aiming to get its strategic principles off plaques on the wall and into practice. Tui Ora, a kaupapa Maori health service, has launched its own cultural competency programme for its 300-strong workforce around the region.
Called Te Raukura, the initiative, which is compulsory for staff, is based on six principles designed to enhance the work of the organisation and the way it connects with clientele.
Launched three months ago, Tui Ora employees are already seeing the benefits of the programme, not only to the people they work alongside, but to themselves as well. Read the full story in the Taranaki Daily News here.