- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Leaving loneliness behind during breastfeeding
- Car transformed for good
- Health and iwi identity named on district health board
- Rebranding signals development of Tui Ora
- Tui Ora Jazzes Up Waitara Foodbank Appeal
- New artists announced for WOMAD 2020
- Te Kārere o te Wa - October edition
- New Zealand Land Wars commemoration in Taranaki
Tui Ora growing a culturally competent workforce
A programme led by a Taranaki health provider is aiming to get its strategic principles off plaques on the wall and into practice. Tui Ora, a kaupapa Maori health service, has launched its own cultural competency programme for its 300-strong workforce around the region.
Called Te Raukura, the initiative, which is compulsory for staff, is based on six principles designed to enhance the work of the organisation and the way it connects with clientele.
Launched three months ago, Tui Ora employees are already seeing the benefits of the programme, not only to the people they work alongside, but to themselves as well. Read the full story in the Taranaki Daily News here.