- About Us
- Our Team
News & Events
- Stan Walker inspires taiohi at youth workshop
- Womad banks on another decade
- Iwi agreements signal further collaboration for Tui Ora
- Graduation validates whānau studies
- Taking prime care of whānau
- Cake making data analyst at Tui Ora
- Curvy Angels guardians for next generation
- Paint the Town Yellow today
Tui Ora growing a culturally competent workforce
A programme led by a Taranaki health provider is aiming to get its strategic principles off plaques on the wall and into practice. Tui Ora, a kaupapa Maori health service, has launched its own cultural competency programme for its 300-strong workforce around the region.
Called Te Raukura, the initiative, which is compulsory for staff, is based on six principles designed to enhance the work of the organisation and the way it connects with clientele.
Launched three months ago, Tui Ora employees are already seeing the benefits of the programme, not only to the people they work alongside, but to themselves as well. Read the full story in the Taranaki Daily News here.