- About Us
- Our Team
- News & Events
Tui Ora Family Health
Tui Ora Family Health is a multi-doctor GP service in Maratahu St, New Plymouth.
If you suspect you or anyone else in your family has Measles please read the following information.
- Call before visiting Tui Ora Family Health because measles is easily passed from one person to another.
- Phoning ahead means steps can be taken to avoid you spreading measles in the waiting room eg asking you to wait in the car when you arrive.
- You should also stay away from work, school or public places, so you don’t put others at risk.
- People with measles need to stay away from other people until five days after the rash appears.
- Call us on 06 759 7310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information call your GP or Healthline on 0800 611 116, phone Taranaki Public Health Unit on (06) 753 7798 or free phone 0508 834 274 or check Ministry of Health website www.health.govt.nz
Our books are currently closed - but check back on our website as we will update when the situation changes.
We offer low cost quality medical care to all registered patients, Māori or non-Māori. For whānau who need additional support, a kaiāwhina can work alongside them as an advocate, helping deal with the factors that can impact on a person’s health and wellbeing.
Our range of services includes the management of long-term conditions such as diabetes, minor surgical procedures, ACC consultations and services related to children's and youth health. Our onsite pharmacy offers a range of services and is open to all.
We have a team of experienced medical practitioners operating from our clinic supported by a key nursing team, who work within the practice as well as providing an outreach service.
TOFH is part of Tui Ora, Taranaki's largest community-based health and social services provider. This allows us to take a holistic view of care, ensuring clients can access a wide range of services and overcome many traditional barriers to health and wellbeing. We are a Cornerstone accredited practice and a member of Midlands Health Network PHO.
Medical and nursing services offered:
- Standard medical and nursing consultations
- Minor surgical procedures
- Assessment and treatment for minor accidents
- Regular recall for breast examinations, cervical smears, diabetes checks and immunisations
- Pregnancy tests and first trimester maternity care
- Contraceptive advice, sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment
- Six-week new baby check
- Liquid nitrogen treatment
- ECG & Spirometry
- Driver’s License Medical
- Insurance medical assessments
Standard consultation fees for enrolled patients :
|Child under 14 years||Free|
|Child 14 - 17 years||$12.00|
|Adults over 18 years (from 1 July 2019)||$19.00|
* All fees charged are for a 15-minute consultation. New patient appointments will be longer and incur additional charges.
Additional charges apply for:
Admin fee on accounts not paid at the end of the month.
Longer consultations or additional services provided.
Non-attendance of an appointment without prior notice.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday - 8.30am – 5pm
Wednesdays 9.30am – 5pm
For medical care outside
normal practice hours contact:
Phoenix, 95 Vivian St, New Plymouth Ph.: 06-759 4295
Hours: 8.30 am to 8pm 7 Days
For Emergencies, dial 111